MOTHER’S DAY FT. DIANE C. BAILEY
Here is a glimpse into her take on Motherhood…
- How many children do you have?
- What was your reaction when you found out you were pregnant the first time?
I didn’t have my first child until I was 35 years old, married had my own house and a successful salon business. I was in a good place. Happy.
- Were you ready to be a mother?
Yes, very ready to share my life with a child.
- What changes have you made to your life since becoming a mother?
I used to have a lot of bad habits, but once I knew I wanted to have a baby I stopped everything. I started eating better.
- What are your favorite things to do with your children?
I love cooking with my children. We really are able to talk to one another while preparing a good meal that we can share.
- What’s the best thing about being a mother?
The best part about being a mother is to see them succeed at their goals. To listen to them as they discover their strength.
- Do you have any fears while raising your child(ren)? Explain.
No real fears. I just know my children are going to be happy, healthy and successful.
- Are you a full-time employee or SAHM (stay at home mom)?
I have many different jobs. I believe in multiple streams of income. Consultant, brand ambassador, natural hair specialist, educator, author, writer.
- Do you feel that your professional life has been impacted due to becoming a mother?
My life as a mother has impacted my professional life. Years ago when my daughter Kai was about 4-5 I worked in my salon all day and taught a braiding class at a local college in NY. I taught there for 5 years. One day my daughter asked me who was going to put her to bed, me or the babysitter. I asked her “why”? She told me “because I want you to put me to bed”. The next week I quit my job, because I wanted to put my child to bed every night. She needed it and so did I.