SUMMER TRANSITIONING SECRETS WITH SHEA MOISTURE
This summer is a great time to “go natural”, to return your hair to its natural texture! Returning to your natural hair texture can be a glorious journey of self-discovery and self care. Transitioning out of relaxed hair is an opportunity to rediscover your hair’s healthy potential for volume, length and radiance. For many naturalistas however, transitioning can be very challenging without products that nurture and nourish the hair and scalp.
Whether you decide to create a long term transitional time line from 6 -24 months, or you prefer to manage a shorter transitional regime from 1-5 months SheaMoisture Superfruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal System Hair will treat transitioning hair while providing hydration, nourishment, strength and reduce breakage. The Superfruit Collection is an excellent choice for any transitioning hair type, it contains the super anti-oxidant Marula Oil and the protein fortifier Biotin. As the new hair grows it is still connected to the relaxed hair. The point at which the two textures meet is very fragile and often breaks. For those that decide to do a long transition breakage is evitable, but it can be greatly reduced and managed with the Superfruit Complex regime.
Fall Superfruit Complex Hair Regime:
As the fall weather gets cooler, your transitional hair will require more moisture. Take the time every other week to shampoo and condition your hair. Honor your hair with a deep penetrating conditioner at least twice a month to insure healthy growth and reduce transitional breakage.
- Start with the sulfate–free cleansing Superfruit Complex Shampoo. This shampoo will give you incredible manageability and softness without build up. Rinse out thoroughly.
- Nourish your hair and scalp with Superfruit Complex Conditioner. Transitional hair is very fragile, first use finger to gently apply conditioner. Subsection the hair with fingers, hold section and with a large toothcomb gently comb hair starting at the end, work your way up hair shaft to roots.
- Allow Conditioner to stay in your hair for 15-20 minutes. Gently comb again. Lightly rinse conditioner out. Leave some of the conditioner in the hair to make it amazingly manageable, soft and elastic. The more elasticity you have in your transitional hair the less breakage you will experience.
- If breakage has already started a deep moisturizing and strengthening conditioner is now require to your regime. To stop breakage and promote healthy growth use the Superfruit Complex Masque. Deep penetrating Masque treatment requires at least 30 minutes a week to reduce breakage. Add steam heat or dry heat to open the cuticle and allow this anti-oxidant moisturizing and strengthening treatment to really do its job. Gently rinse hair, leave a small trace of it in to act as a detangler.
- Give your hair total love with the Superfruit Complex Hair and Scalp Serum. For easy manageability and sheen on transitional hair the Hair and Scalp Serum is a must Use it on wet of dry hair daily to seal in moisture and add a healthy glow to every strand.